Bunch of rambling thoughts about physical training and life

Bunch of rambling thoughts about physical
training and life

Thursday, May 8, 2014

Current Topic: Is it easier to date a fellow runner or a non-runner?

      
       There are two ways to look at relationships. The first being that ,"birds of a feather flock together." The other saying goes ,"opposites attract." In my opinion I vouch for the former. 
       Before I was a runner I dated someone who was. I didn't really understand the joys and benefits of running at the time and frankly thought it was boring. So there was no connection with us in that regard. To me the best way to get to know someone is by working with them. So when both parties in the relationship have that common purpose of running they are accentually a team, working for a common goal. That doesn't mean they have to run together but through words of encouragement and listening about the other persons adventures on the trails there bond is strengthened.
      That's my take. I now long for the trails in a similar way to when I'm in a really good relationship. So next time I go out scouting for a relationship I'll be sure to check the shoes of signs of mud and trail.
      - Barton

No comments:

Post a Comment